You've got a date in an hour's time but the ugly pimple on your cheek is not
going to help with a good first impression. The acne cream that you applied
yesterday will take a couple of days to clear the skin …
This calls for an emergency treatment for acne! Here's what you can do:
Prepare a small tub of clean warm water and another with cool water. Soak a face
towel or sponge in each of them. Apply the warm moist towel on the affected area
and compress it gently for a minute, this is follow by applying the cool moist
towel over the area and alternating the two for about five times each.
The warm heat will help to open the pores while the cool water closes them. This
process will help to dislodge much dirt and white heads from beneath the skin.
When done, wash the area with mild soap or facial wash, rinse it off last with
warm water and blot it dry with another towel. You should then apply some toner
or alcohol on the area. Any pimples or acne in that area should be cleared
within the next few hours.
You will be amazed at how effective these simple procedures can help to remove
pimples almost instantly. It'll work even on those who have severe cases of
Following are some do's and don'ts during for this emergency pimple treatment:
- Do not pick or pinch your pimple under any circumstances. This will cause it to inflame and grow into a big red spot. Further more, doing so may spread bacteria over other parts of your face especially if your skin has other open pores or wound. At worst, you will risk long term severe scarring too!
- If it's swelling and causing you some pain, apply an ice pack to the affected area for a while and repeat this every 30 minutes. Alternatively, you can also use a clean cloth to wrap around an ice cube. Smearing some toothpaste on the affected area can help soothe irritation and reduce redness. Alternatively, pressing a dampened teabag against the spot will also reduce inflammation.
- It's fine to use a skin colored medicated cream to conceal the spots but it's very important to remove it as soon as you can. Never leave the cream on your face over-night!
- Where possible, do not use any cosmetics which contain harsh chemicals. Wash and scrub your face a few times during the day with gentle facial soap. Avoid wearing make up until you have to go out.
- Avoid using those over-the-counter acne products over long period of time as they dry your skin. Those that contain salicylic acid or benzyl peroxide works better. Applying some lemon juice to the spot and leaving it to dry will help too.
Remember that in an attempt to improve your acne problem immediately, there
will be a temptation to use harsh skin preparations and scrubs on the skin. This
will only worsen the condition.
The above tips will help you to get rid of pimples immediately and instantly,
but for a long lasting clear skin, a gentle skin care regime is preferable. It's
important to be educated on how to achieve permanent acne control. Details are
compiled into an easy to read book which can be found on my website.