When you start your new career as a car salesman aka "Green Pea" there is some things that would be helpful to know about selling cars for a living. After you get hired the dealership will have you complete a course in basic car salesman training which is enough to get you started, but not everything you need to become a successful auto sales person. The initial training will help you understand the process of selling cars and why you do what you do and when you do it, but you still have much to learn. A car salesman guide would be beneficial to the new salesman, but these guidelines are often unwritten and not discussed by sales management and staff.
10 Green Pea Tips – Car Salesman Guide
1. Your attitude is everything when you are new to selling cars. Keep your chin up and know that you will make mistakes, just keep moving forward and keep a positive attitude. The key point of this car salesman guide for Green Peas is a positive attitude and why it's number one in the list.
2. The first 30 days is an unofficial test of the salesman, this is when the new auto salesman will either sink or swim. Not everyone can make the cut (quitting or continuing), but if you understand that the first 30 days is about learning the process and techniques of selling cars you will be ahead of the game.
3. No matter how good you think you are it takes 30 to 90 days to get up to speed. During that time you will not make a fortune and a very important part of the car salesman guide to remember when you start. Commit to at least 90 days before you make any decision whether car sales is for you (it gets easier after 90 days).
4. You are responsible for your own car sales training from now on, you need to observe the other sales people and adjust accordingly. Pay close attention to the top car sales people and learn from them.
5. Some your fellow sales people will feel threatened by new sales people so tread lightly and do not expect too much help from the other sales people.
6. Product knowledge is important, but learning the dealership's sales process is more important at this point in time. You can focus on product knowledge once you learn the ropes.
7. Listen closely to your customer because they will tell how to sell them a car. A very common saying and a part of all car sales guides.
8. You do not need to talk all the time. You should be listening twice as much as you talk.
9. Look your customer in the eye and pay attention to their reactions and body language.
10. Choose you words very carefully, because you can turn off your car buyer with a poor choice of words and they will tell you that they will be back, but they will not! A lesson you will learn quickly with or without this car salesman guide.
Read over and get familiar with these tips and car salesman guidelines and you will be miles ahead of the other Green Peas. Keep your head in the game and approach your car buyers with enthusiasm, because enthusiasm sells cars. A positive attitude will get you farther in your new car sales career than anything else. Final One car salesman guide tip and the most important 's of all is never is to give up. I have seen many promising new car salesmen quit before they gave a career selling cars a chance. There is a fortune to be made as a car salesman, but you need to stick it out through the toughest period which is the first 90 days, after that it gets easier and more lucrative.